Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our First Picnic of 2010

Since the weather was cooperative, we decided to go on our first picnic of the year on Wednesday evening. Bennett just LOVES picnics, so he was very, very excited when we told him that's what we were doing for dinner. We headed over to Lake Calhoun and found a great spot to sit. It was a busy night at the lake because it was such a nice night. We set up our blanket and dined on egg salad sandwiches, strawberries, chips and dip, string cheese and little cakes for dessert. Fancy, I know. After eating, Matt decided to try flying Bennett's kite with him, but they didn't last long. The wind kept coming and going, which isn't the best for kite flying! It was lots of fun and we're looking forward to several more picnics this year!

Trying to get going


Bennett running toward me when he was supposed to go the other way :)


Off they go!


Bennett took this picture of us...not too bad!


Enjoying some grub


A nice picture of Mr. B with the Minneapolis skyline in the background


I love this one...just hanging out with Dad


One of my little guy and me

1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures!! I love the ones with the skyline in the background...frameable I'd say:-)

    ReplyDelete