Thursday, August 12, 2010

Okoboji 2010

I can't believe that it's already August and we've completed our annual trip to Okoboji. I knew this summer was going to fly by in an instant since we have a new baby, but wow! We were able to make it down to Village West on the lake for three days this year and give Emma her very first boat ride. It was a very hot weekend this year, but we still had a fantastic time! My parents, the four of us, and my brother Brett and his girlfriend Amber made up the Okoboji 2010 crew. I'm hoping that Laurie and Brian and Jenny and Brice will be able to join all of us in 2011! I don't remember the last time all of us were able to be there together; it's been too long. This year's crew had a great time eating, boating, relaxing and spending time together. Thanks again for another wonderful year, Mom and Dad! Bennett spent as much time as possible in the lake, and Emma spent a lot of time in the room this year since it was really warm. She'll be able to brave the lake next summer, though! I just love it there, so we're hoping to possibly go back in the winter this year so Matt can try ice fishing. Bennett would love that too! Enjoy the few pictures I was able to get. :)

Emma's first boat ride


Bennett hanging out with Amber and Brett in the front of the boat


Nana and Papa ready to ride


Why do I have to wear this thing, Daddy?


Bennett swimming on his own!


Little fish


The kids with Brett and Amber before their departure


Our family shot on the dock before our departure-what's crazy is last year I wasn't even pregnant yet, and this year we had a 2 1/2 month old there! Love it.


The kids!


Nana and Papa with their grandchildren

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip! I know what you mean with it getting harder and harder to have everyone together at the same time as our families grow so the times that we do get are extra precious!

    ReplyDelete