So, we're back from our annual trip to Okoboji, Iowa. We arrived at Village West Resort on Saturday evening and stayed until Wednesday evening. My parents, Jenny, Brett and his girlfriend Amber, Matt, Bennett and I made up the Okoboji 09 crew. We were able to be out on the boat every day because the weather was perfect! Bennett had his first tube ride this year, and I'm sure there will be many more in the future. He really liked it; I thought he might be a little bit nervous, but he took right to it. I think it helped to have Daddy right there on the tube with him! As usual, we enjoyed lots of great snacks and meals and visited the famous Emporium, the candy shop at Arnold's Park, and the Barefoot Bar. Before we left on Wednesday, my parents and the three of us went to a little restaurant in Spirit Lake called Remington's. It was sooooo good. We'll definitely be making that part of the trip each year, too! The first two pictures below show the tomatoes we harvested right before we left for Okoboji...we have GIGANTIC tomato plants this year. Yum!
First two harvested

Bennett acting as our scale to show how big the plants got! (Note: Bennett is 38 inches tall.)

Riding in the front of the boat

Getting ready to ride the tube!

Bennett's first tube ride

Out in the water with Nana and Papa

"I'll just jump right in to you, Papa."

Brett, Bennett and Amber

A nice guy took our picture right before we left to come home. Doesn't everyone look tan? Ha!

Papa, Bennett and Nana on the dock at Village West

The three of us!
looks like it was a picture perfect okoboji vacation! next year we will do our best to join all of you!
ReplyDelete