We had the
privilege of visiting the great Minnesota get-together TWICE this year, and I have to admit, I would happily go again if it didn't cost so much to get in! TAKE ONE: We went on opening day with my parents, and the one thing I really wanted Bennett to get to do this year was visit the kids' exhibit "Little Farm Hands." Matt, Bennett and I met my parents at about 5:30 on Thursday evening, and we leisurely walked around and ate some fair food. Around 6:45 or so my mom and I started walking toward "Little Farm Hands" while my dad and Matt took a detour and were going to meet us there. We arrived at the entrance to the exhibit at about 7:05 to find a chain on it with a little sign: Open Daily 8 am-7 pm. What?!?!? We were too late to get in! Needless to say,
I was extremely disappointed; Bennett couldn't have cared less--he just wanted to keep walking and go look at the animals. So, that's what we did and he had a blast! We finally left around 9:00 when the animal barns were closing. We missed a few things that night, so I somehow convinced a reluctant Matt that we should go back to the fair another day--he's such a good sport! TAKE TWO: We went again on Sunday morning, and were able to get some free fair loot--visors, sunglasses for Bennett, reusable shopping bags, etc. I love all that stuff, so I was super excited! We then made our way over to "Little Farm Hands" and Bennett got to be a farmer and was generously paid for his hard work. He decided to buy an apple with the money he earned; too cute! I was thrilled that we were able to let him have that experience; it's a darling exhibit. After that adventure, we were ready to eat and visit the animal barns again. As we were walking through the poultry barn, Matt noticed that his brother Sean and his family were down at the other end of the aisle! What are the odds of that? We chatted with Sean and Michelle and their girls Violet and Bea for a few minutes and then went our separate ways. We stayed just a bit longer to get more delicious food and then finally decided we should head out. I love the fair! I'm already looking forward to the cheese curds that I'll be eating next year. :)
Bennett and me

Check out how much Bennett's feet grew this summer!
Thursday's visit with Nana and Papa

Look at that sheep!

Driving a REAL John Deere...

As well as the miniature version!

Farmer Bennett (he's showing us the new face he's decided to make when having a photo taken)

Feeding the sheep at "Little Farm Hands"

Milking a cow...

What a pro!

Bennett's earnings after his hard work...

And how he spent it!

Petting a sheep at the BAA booth

Riding a fake horse on a fake trail (it almost looks real!)
No comments:
Post a Comment