Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Walker

I had to start with the picture below because it made me smile. Note the tiny koala bear on the chair next to Bennett--you may have to look more than once to spot it. This is his mini beanie baby that he got in a happy meal at McDonald's a few weeks ago, and he treats it like a little baby. I had mentioned to Bennett that his koala bear (Aussie) could sit with him at lunch. While I was in the kitchen, Bennett got himself into his booster seat and decided all on his own that Aussie should sit on the chair next to him. I thought I'd find him on the table when I came in to deliver his lunch, but Bennett had placed him on the chair. It struck me as so funny because the beanie baby is SO little, and it looked hilarious sitting on this huge chair. Bennett had him all propped up like he was going to eat lunch too. Just one of many times that Bennett makes me laugh out loud. Too cute!



One of the things I love most about living in the Minneapolis area is the abundance of things to do in close proximity to our house. We're ten minutes from downtown, so when Bennett and I had an hour to kill on Tuesday, it was the perfect opportunity to drive over to the Walker Art Museum and stroll around the sculpture garden there. He loves it, it's close to home, and best of all, it's FREE! I'm always a big fan of activities that cost little or nothing. :) We had a snack on one of the benches there, walked around, and took some pictures. FUN!
















No comments:

Post a Comment