Friday, June 10, 2011

The New Park

One gorgeous summer day, I decided we needed a new weekday adventure to pass the time.  It was a little too cool to go swimming, so I looked up local parks online to find a new one to visit.  Lo and behold, I found a website with a picture of a newly finished park not too far away, so I packed us a lunch, got out the sunscreen and hats, and off we went.  When we arrived, I realized by looking at the full parking lot that EVERYONE in the Twin Cities had the same idea as me.  We couldn't turn back now, so we found a spot, walked over to the playground, and I tried to figure out the best way to keep an eye on Bennett since it was crazy busy.  Luckily Emma was feeling cautious and was literally glued to my side, so I always knew where she was!  I wanted Bennett to be able to explore a bit because this playground is really, really neat, but he had very specific instructions about where he was allowed to play and where I would be so he always knew where to find Emma and me.  After playing for quite awhile, the three of us found a picnic table and enjoyed our lunch before heading home.  We had a lot of fun and will surely return, hopefully on a less hectic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment